Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Conroy Challenges Mayor to debate

August 15, 2007

Dear Harry,

As we enter the fall and the November 6th election, I challenge you to at least three mayoral candidate debates so we can give the voters of Troy a thorough opportunity to judge our positions on the issues facing the city and on our ideas and abilities to meet the demands of the future.

I propose one debate to be organized through the Rensselaer County Regional Chamber of Commerce, one debate organized by the Neighborhood Organization Alliance and one organized by The Record newspaper. The organizers can determine the dates, times and places of these debates. However, I suggest we space them out so as to have one in September and two in October. If, for some reason, these organizations decide not to host a debate I will find alternative neutral sponsors.

Furthermore, I propose that we encourage the organizers of each debate to allow enough time to fully explore the issues and allow follow up questions from the candidates to each other.

I look forward to a spirited campaign and your agreement to these debates so they can be scheduled and advertised. I will make myself available at anytime; I hope you will also.

Sincerely,


James J. Conroy
Candidate for Mayor