Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Conroy Demands that Tutunjian Retract Statements

"It's time that someone starts holding Harry Tutunjian accountable for not telling the truth to the people of Troy."

(TROY, N.Y.) Troy Mayoral candidate Jim Conroy today demanded that Harry Tutunjian issue a retraction of his recently released blatant lies.

"Harry Tutunjian knows quite well that I had nothing to do with the treasurer stealing funds while I was helping to lead the City. In fact, I knew nothing about the situation until it was announced; nor should I have, because the treasurer was an employee of the City Comptroller's office, not my office" said Conroy.

Tutunjian also brought up a ten-year-old issue regarding a HUD loan in response to the fact that New York State Comptroller Tom DiNapoli has endorsed Conroy's campaign.

"First of all, for Harry Tutunjian to bring up this old, irrelevant and untrue allegation proves his desperation and concern about this election," said Conroy. "Secondly, for anyone in the current administration to question anyone's ethics is incredible given this administration's reputation for back room deals, no bid contracts handed out to friends, allegations of employee intimidation, political dirty tricks and ongoing special investigations."

"It's time that someone starts holding Harry Tutunjian accountable for not telling the truth to the people of Troy," said Conroy.

"The situation from ten years ago has been reviewed from every conceivable angle by every conceivable party and in every case I was cleared of any wrongdoing. With that said, though, I regret that I put myself in a situation that caused the people of Troy to doubt my integrity," said Conroy.

"Unlike my opponent I will admit that I can do better. And, also unlike my opponent, I will always tell the truth to the people of Troy."

For more information about Conroy and his vision for Troy, visit
http://www.jimconroyformayor.com/.